A PowerPoint diagram in the shape of a funnel is both useful and intuitive to understand. In this entry, I’ll go through a simple way to create a funnel diagram in PowerPoint.
First, let’s gather the shapes. To create a simple funnel, you only need 4 shapes:
- A large circle. The border (width 2 1/4) is the color of your funnel. Set the fill color to white.
- A downwards triangle. This is the main body of the funnel, so set the color as your funnel color.
- A rectangle. Set this color to your funnel color.
- A small circle. Also set this color to your funnel color.
See the diagram below.
Now, let’s piece the shapes together to form a funnel. Attach the large circle to the top of the triangle to form the opening. The rectangle and small circle form the bottom of the funnel.
See the final creation below. Note, to resize a shape to the pixel, hold down the ALT key.
There you have it. A funnel diagram is a great way to illustrate a downsizing/reduction, downselection, filtering down process. Specific examples include a Flow of Marketing Leads to Sales Leads, Downselection of Vendors, and Product Development from Ideation to R&D.
It’s also very easy to add embellishments to the funnel diagram for a more specific purpose. See the 2 examples below.
You can download all the funnel diagrams shown in this PowerPoint tutorial here (http://learnppt.com/downloads/funnel_diagrams/). Enjoy.
Also, you can download a free PowerPoint plugin called Flevy Tools that creates commonly used consulting diagrams here: http://flevy.com/powerpoint-plugin. Flevy Tools allows you to dynamically generate Gantt Charts, Harvey Ball diagrams, approach diagrams, and other diagrams. For the time being, it’s a completely free download.
Questions, thoughts, concerns? Go to my site (learnppt.com) and shoot me an email.
For pre-made PowerPoint diagrams used in business presentations, browse our library here: learnppt.com/powerpoint/. These diagrams were professionally designed by management consultants. Give your presentations the look and feel of a final product made by McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Booz Allen, Deloitte, or any of the top consulting firms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Most Viewed Posts
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Waterfall Chart in PowerPoint
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Funnel Diagram in PowerPoint
- Free Decision Tree PowerPoint Template
- The 2x2 Diagram - A consultant's best friend?
- Crawl, Walk, Run! in PowerPoint
- Free PowerPoint Downloads of 2010
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Circular Approach Diagram in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint Diagrams
- The Blueprint for Your Project's Success - A Project Charter
- Slide from Scratch: A Billing/Invoicing Process Flow
- Slide from Scratch: Business Strategy Update Presentation
- Slide from Scratch: 3-Prong Marketing Strategy
- Slide from Scratch: Process Optimization Presentation
- PowerPoint eBook
- Free PowerPoint Downloads of 2011
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.