Project Management can be a headache. It involves keeping track of deadlines, status updates, risks, urgent issues, resources, timelines, competing priorities, budgets, among other things.
Microsoft Project is the software used by most project managers. Unfortunately, MS Project is difficult software to work with, due to its slow speed, lack of compatibility with other Office products, and poor user interface.
This past week, an Excel-based Project Management Tool has been released on Flevy. This new Excel project management model presents numerous benefits over MS Project. It’s a better and easier way of performing the cumbersome task of project management.
The creator of the tool is a seasoned consultant from a Big 4 consulting firm. He states that “about a year ago, I got so frustrated with Microsoft Project, I decided to start working with Excel. It more than sufficiently satisfies the basic requirements of any project management tool. Excel is also far more customizable and compatible than Microsoft Project, allowing me to build reports and share my work more easily with others.”
View and download the tool here:
This model has the following features:
- Overview of a project management framework used by top tier consulting firms.
- The ability to document and connect requirements, projects, and tasks.
- Fully functional and automatic Gantt Chart.
- Built in program level completion and heat map reporting functionality.
It can be said the biggest benefit of this Excel project management tool over Microsoft Project is the ability to fully customize the Excel model to fit any project’s specific needs.
Flevy is a marketplace for business strategy frameworks, PowerPoint templates, financial models, business presentations, market research reports, and other premium business documents. Download documents to expedite your projects or upload documents to generate passive income.
Questions, thoughts, concerns? Go to my site (learnppt.com) and shoot me an email.
For pre-made PowerPoint diagrams used in business presentations and other powerpointing needs, browse our library here: learnppt.com/powerpoint/. These diagrams were professionally designed by management consultants. Give your presentations the look and feel of a final product made by McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Booz Allen, Deloitte, or any of the top consulting firms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Most Viewed Posts
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Waterfall Chart in PowerPoint
- Slide from Scratch: A Billing/Invoicing Process Flow
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Funnel Diagram in PowerPoint
- The 2x2 Diagram - A consultant's best friend?
- Free Decision Tree PowerPoint Template
- Here are 100+ Management Models in PowerPoint
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Circular Approach Diagram in PowerPoint
- Crawl, Walk, Run! in PowerPoint
- The Blueprint for Your Project's Success - A Project Charter
- Free PowerPoint Downloads of 2010
- PowerPoint Diagrams
- Slide from Scratch: Business Strategy Update Presentation
- Slide from Scratch: 3-Prong Marketing Strategy
- Slide from Scratch: Process Optimization Presentation
- PowerPoint eBook
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.