What is strategy without execution? Merely theory.
A successful business requires both a well developed strategy and the ability to execute on that strategy. Many companies develop robust strategies, but fail at operationalizing their strategies into implementable steps.
Flevy has just released a free primer on the topic Strategy Development and Strategy Execution. It is a 54-slide deck that discusses 12 frameworks, spanning both strategy development and execution.
- Download it here: http://flevy.com/strategy-frameworks
Topics covered include: Porter’s Five Forces, Consolidation-Endgame Curve, Hoshin Kanri, Product Lifecycle, Consumer Adoption Curve, Balanced Scorecard, Blue Ocean Strategy, BCG Matrix, SWOT, PEST, Marketing Mix, and Organizational Hurdles.
You may also be interested in Flevy’s business toolkits focused on these topics:
You browse their other business toolkits here: http://flevy.com/business-toolkits
Strategy without execution is hallucination! - Mike Roach
- 4 Building Blocks of Strategy Execution
- 17 Traits of Successful Strategy Execution
- Transformation Program Design
- Balanced Scorecard Overview
- Blue Ocean Strategy (4 Organizational Hurdles)