Operational Excellence Consulting offers a collection of 450+ fully editable consulting diagrams, templates and graphics to enhance your PowerPoint presentations and increase productivity on Flevy. Take a sneak peek below:
The diagrams available in this compilation are great for illustrating a variety of business concepts, including:
- Communicating organization vision and strategic goals
- Current state to future state transformation
- Stages of transformation or project
- 2×2 quadrant analysis
- Levels of organizational maturity
- Strategic planning and SWOT analysis
- Highlighting key elements in a plan, process, system or framework
- Process flow
- Process improvement cycle
- Communicating high-level project milestones and project status
On Flevy, Operational Excellence Consulting is known for producing PowerPoint diagrams/templates geared towards illustrating various business frameworks and management models. Here are their other products:
- Business Performance Improvement Models in PowerPoint
- Organization, Change, & HR Models in PowerPoint
- Business Excellence Frameworks in PowerPoint
- Team Management Models in PowerPoint
- Leadership & Motivation Models in PowerPoint
- IT Management Frameworks in PowerPoint
Here’s an example of their Business Performance Models PowerPoint set:
Yesterday, Flevy has release version 3 of Flevy Tools. Flevy Tools is a PowerPoint add-in for creating common business diagrams. These diagrams are commonly used in strategy and management consulting decks. Not only is Flevy Tools easy-to-use, useful, and feature rich, the best part is that it’s completely free. You can download it for free here:
In the latest version, it supports 2 additional diagram types: Matrix Charts and Value Chain Diagrams. Below, we will walk through the new functionality.
Matrix Charts are perhaps a consultant’s best friend. These are simple and very intuitive visuals, often taking the form of either a 2×2 or 3×3. Established consulting frameworks like the BCG Matrix and GE-McKinsey Matrix are based on this format.
The Flevy Tools Matrix chart allows you to create up to a 5×5 Matrix and any combination smaller (e.g. 2×4, 3×5, etc.).
Value Chain Diagrams
Out of all the 12 diagrams supported, this is our favourite — in our opinion, the most innovative of the Flevy Tools diagrams. A Value Chain diagram is modeled after the Porter Value Chain, as defined by Michael Porter. With this tool, you can create up to a 6-chevron “value chain.” For each chevron, you can then further sub-divide it into up to 6 parallel rows/chains. To better understand this, take a look at the parameters input box in the screenshot below.
Once you install Flevy Tools, a new toolbar is added to your PowerPoint ribbon. See the screenshot below.
Here is the full list of support diagrams:
- Waterfall Charts
- Approach Diagrams
- Step Box Diagrams
- Harvey Ball Diagrams
- Gantt Charts
- Circular Approach Diagrams
- Pyramid Diagrams
- Relationship Diagrams
- Segment Diagrams
- Matrix Charts
- Value Chain Diagrams
- Rating Diagrams
Again, here is the download link. It’s a free download!
In a recent update to Flevy, the documents marketplace has allowed select contributors to offer complimentary documents. However, it takes some digging to find these free offers. Here, we present 5:
Introduction to Strategy
What is Strategy? This 20-slide presentation provides an introduction to strategy, separating out the concepts of Corporate Strategy vs. Business (Unit) Strategy.
Introduction to Operational Excellence
This 48-slide presentation provides a high-level introduction to Operational Excellence. It explains the four building blocks: Strategy Deployment, Performance Management, Process Excellence, and High Performance Work Teams.
A Practical Framework Approach to Change
This presentation presents a flavour of some of the more necessary change components and associated tools & techniques that will require consideration during any change initiative.
Lean Thinking 101
This 32-page presentation that explains the Lean management philosophy, based on the Toyota Production System (TPS).
Delta Model Primer
The Delta Model is a growth strategy framework developed by MIT/Sloan professors to help managers in the articulation and implementation of effective corporate and business strategies.
Here is another massive compilation of PowerPoint diagrams and templates, mostly for us in business presentations. It’s called the Monster PowerPoint Templates Deck. The full documents is 321 slides. See a partial preview below.
Download the full document here: https://flevy.com/browse/business-document/monster-powerpoint-templates-deck-1099
The slides have been categorized into the following groupings:
- Project Management (PM) Diagrams
- Circular diagrams
- Bar charts
- Pie charts
- Circular diagrams
- Line Charts
- Diagram trees
- Box diagrams
- Textbox diagrams
- Other diagrams
- Linear Flows
- Equilibrium diagram
- Feedback diagrams
- Obstacle diagrams
- Interaction diagrams
- World maps
- HR template
- Benchmark diagrams
- Representative graphs
- Useful objects
Looking for other types of business diagrams in PowerPoint? Peruse Flevy’s full library of PowerPoint Templates, updated weekly, here.
In 2012, Ron Leeman was awarded Change Leader by the World HRD Congress. He has published over 10 frameworks to Flevy, including a Comprehensive Guide to Change Management.
This 191-slide deck contains everything (well almost) you would ever want to know about Change Management. It includes What is Change Management, Change Management vs Project Management, The Challenge of Change, Change Management Models, Ways of Implementing Change, People and Change, Managing Change Resistance, Change Behaviours, The head/Heart/Soul of Change, Change Agents, The Tools & Techniques of Change (inc. Sponsorship, Stakeholder Management and Engagement, Communication, Process Change, Organisational Change, Training, Adoption and Business Readiness, Business Benefits & Continuous Improvement), A Change Story and Success and Failure.
Here is a partial preview.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Management
- Process Analysis & Design
- Active Listening, Meetings and Presentations
- Corporate Communication
- Measuring Business Readiness & Adoption
View all of Ron’s documents on Flevy here.
Here are 4 powerful tools and frameworks for Project Management available on Flevy.
PRINCE2 Project Management Overview
This document is a 77-slide PowerPoint presentation that provides a Project Management Overview based on the PRINCE2 methodology that has been recognised world-wide as the leading Best Practice framework for successful project execution. The document is easily customisable, content can be removed (or simply skipped over during presentation), and additional slides can be added to provide more subject depth.
Project Management Social
Helps project management practitioners as well as project management companies to understand the value of social media and how to integrate it onto projects. This document is full of examples based on research, training about different social media platforms and tools and very practical advice that can be applied immediately to compile your own customized strategy for how to use social media on your projects. This 32-page deck also includes an accompanying Social Media Strategy template (Word document).
Consulting Project Management Survival Guide
A guide to Project Management for management consultants. Includes a breakdown of Key Success Factors and KPIs for project managers.
Project Management Workbook (Excel)
This Excel workbook is an alternate to using the often-too-cumbersome MS Project. Allows you both to track and monitor project activities.
Looking for tools and resources for any other business project? Take a look at Flevy’s 40+ end-to-end Business Toolkits:
What is strategy without execution? Merely theory.
A successful business requires both a well developed strategy and the ability to execute on that strategy. Many companies develop robust strategies, but fail at operationalizing their strategies into implementable steps.
Flevy has just released a free primer on the topic Strategy Development and Strategy Execution. It is a 54-slide deck that discusses 12 frameworks, spanning both strategy development and execution.
- Download it here: http://flevy.com/strategy-frameworks
Topics covered include: Porter’s Five Forces, Consolidation-Endgame Curve, Hoshin Kanri, Product Lifecycle, Consumer Adoption Curve, Balanced Scorecard, Blue Ocean Strategy, BCG Matrix, SWOT, PEST, Marketing Mix, and Organizational Hurdles.
You may also be interested in Flevy’s business toolkits focused on these topics:
You browse their other business toolkits here: http://flevy.com/business-toolkits
This week, LearnPPT added a new section to their site: Operational Excellence.
What exactly is Operational Excellence?
The page is currently divided into 4 main sections:
- Lean Management (or Lean Enterprise)
- Strategic Planning & Deployment
- Quality Management & Assurance
- Six Sigma
Questions, thoughts, concerns? Go to my site (learnppt.com) and shoot me an email.
For other business frameworks, visit our library of consulting-quality business frameworks and methodologies here: http://learnppt.com/powerpoint/frameworks/. These diagrams were professionally designed by management consultants. Give your presentations the look and feel of a final product made by McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Booz Allen, Deloitte, or any of the top consulting firms.
Strategy without execution is hallucination! - Mike Roach
- 4 Building Blocks of Strategy Execution
- 17 Traits of Successful Strategy Execution
- Transformation Program Design
- Balanced Scorecard Overview
- Blue Ocean Strategy (4 Organizational Hurdles)
In previous articles, we have covered various PowerPoint template/diagram compilations that focus on business frameworks and management models. Here are some examples:
This latest may be the biggest of them all — 100 Business Excellence Frameworks. The total document spans close to 400 slides.
Here is the full list of business excellence frameworks/methodologies covered:
- 3 Cs Strategy Triangle
- 4 Ps Marketing Mix
- 5S Principles
- 8D Problem Solving
- Activity Based Costing
- ADKAR Change Model
- Agile Model
- AHRI Model of Excellence
- Ansoff’s Growth Matrix
- APQC Benchmarking Methodology
- ASTD Competency Model
- Australian Business Excellence Framework
- Balanced Scorecard
- Baldrige Performance Excellence Model
- BCG Matrix
- Beer & Nohria’s E & O Theories
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Branding Pentagram
- Bridges’ Transition Model
- Business Process Redesign
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Cause & Effect Diagram
- COBIT 5
- Cost of Quality
- Covey’s Seven Habits
- Covey’s Time Management Matrix
- Crosby’s Law of 10
- Curry’s Pyramid
- De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats
- Deming Cycle
- Drucker’s Management By Objectives
- DuPont Analysis
- EFQM Business Excellence Model
- Eight Types of Waste
- Emotional Competence Framework
- Five Principles of Lean
- Four Stages of Contribution Model
- Gemba Framework
- Greiner’s Growth Model
- Harmon’s Process-Strategy Matrix for Outsourcing
- Harvard Model of Strategic HRM
- Heinrich’s Rule on Safety
- High-Impact Learning Organization
- Hofstede’s Cultural Dimensions
- Hoshin Kanri Strategy Deployment
- House of Gemba
- IMPA HR Competency Model
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO/IEC 15504 (SPICE)
- ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Systems
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL v3)
- Kotter’s Eight Phases of Change
- Kraljic’s Purchasing Model
- Lean Leadership & Kaizen Model
- Lean Levers
- Lean Management Model (TPS)
- Lean Maturity Model
- Lencioni’s Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Lewin’s Three Stage Change Model
- MABA Analysis
- McKinsey 7-S Framework
- Mistake Proofing Process
- NAPA Competency Model for HR Professionals
- Nolan’s Stages of Growth for IT Systems
- Ofman’s Core Quadrants
- Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)
- PACE Prioritization Matrix
- Payoff Evaluation Matrix
- PDCA Problem Solving Process
- People Capability Maturity Model (PCMM)
- PEST Analysis
- Porter’s Five Forces
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Outsourcing Model
- Scrum Model
- Senge’s Five Disciplines
- Shingo Model for Lean Transformation
- SHRM Elements for HR Success
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Strategic Business Planning Methodology
- Strategic Dialog
- SWOT Analysis
- Talent Management Framework
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Total Quality Management
- TRADE Best Practice Benchmarking Model
- Training Within Industry (TWI)
- Treacy & Wiersema Value Disciplines
- Tuckman’s Model of Team Development Stages
- Ulrich’s Five Rules for Leadership
- Ulrich’s HR Competency Model
- Ulrich’s Matrix on the Four Roles of HR
- Ulrich’s Stages of Employee Connection to the Organization
- Value Chain Model
- Value Stream Mapping
- Value-based Management
- Xerox Benchmarking Model
This deck is a collection of PowerPoint diagrams and templates used to convey 100 different business excellence frameworks comprising key strategy, marketing and sales, finance, operations, IT, organization, change and HR models.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Most Viewed Posts
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Waterfall Chart in PowerPoint
- Slide from Scratch: A Billing/Invoicing Process Flow
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Funnel Diagram in PowerPoint
- Free Decision Tree PowerPoint Template
- The 2x2 Diagram - A consultant's best friend?
- Crawl, Walk, Run! in PowerPoint
- PowerPointing - How to Create a Circular Approach Diagram in PowerPoint
- Free PowerPoint Downloads of 2010
- The Blueprint for Your Project's Success - A Project Charter
- Here are 100+ Management Models in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint Diagrams
- Slide from Scratch: Business Strategy Update Presentation
- Slide from Scratch: 3-Prong Marketing Strategy
- Slide from Scratch: Process Optimization Presentation
- PowerPoint eBook
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.